K's doctor called and was able to get her in today. We went as a family since B is back in town. J was being quite a jokester with the doctor when he realized the doctor had a good sense of humor. The doctor noticed I was pregnant and asked if I was having a boy or girl and I told him a girl. The doctor then asked if I had a name picked out and before I could answer J said,"Booger." The doctor said that sounded like a good name for a little girl and we all laughed. Then the doctor asked if any of the rest of us had stomach aches and I said that I sometimes did and he then asked about J and J responded,"Well, today I had a stomach ache and I almost threw up. I was on the tire swing and some older girls started pushing us and made us go really high. It upset my stomach." The doctor just laughed. Later he asked K what grade she is in and she was not speaking because she was angry about being at the doctor's office. So J answered for her, "She is in 7th grade." The doctor said,"Wow, she is young to be in 7th grade. She must get really lonely." The doctor said he could tell J was not shy.
After the comedy show the doctor told us that K would need to have a biopsy and she would need to have this done on Tuesday morning. So prayers would be appreciated. He said there is a good chance that she has celiac because of her blood test results but he has seen a level even higher than hers that turned out to be negative when the biopsy was performed. Also, if she tests positive then he wants to test the rest of the family. This often runs in families and if left untreated can turn into lymphoma, thyroid disease and many other diseases. After hearing that I have thyroid disease he will more than likely start with me. Please pray for K to not be anxious.
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
J and his airplane
Captain J.
Pajama Day
K posing for pajama day picture
No comments:
Post a Comment