Saturday, December 29, 2007

Listen to what they learn in school

Well, this is not what I expected K to come home from school and say! The other night as we were walking out the door to go to candle light service at church K tells me that a kid at school said that in Africa they kiss differently than the do here. She continued to say that in Africa one person opens his mouth and the other person sticks his tongue in their mouth. Talk about not knowing what to say. I nearly giggled about the Africa part instead of French but then I was upset that at this young age she is already exposed to the facts of life. Whew!! Last night she had another question: How can someone have parents that were never married? I went through the answer that it is against God's will but people make decisions that are sometimes sinful. I hoped that this would end the conversation but no, she said, "Well, I guess my question is how could this child be born from parents who were never married if it is against God's will?" Finally, I just said when she is old enough I will explain it but for right now I feel she is too young to hear the answer. Mom's if your kids are younger than 5 get ready!!

No comments:

J and his airplane

J and his airplane
Captain J.

Pajama Day

Pajama Day
K posing for pajama day picture