Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chai Tea Latte

The other day B took J to Starbucks because he needed some coffee and J got a cinnamon roll and an organic milk. J thought that was really neat. He was bragging to K about going to the "coffee shop" with his dad and K was very upset. I took her that afternoon so it would be fair. This morning J and I went to pick K up from school and J asks if we can "go to chai tea latte." I laughed and asked if he meant Starbucks and he said yes. I guess J was a bit confused due to the fact that the words chai tea latte are an ongoing joke in our house. Several weeks ago I went to a drive thru coffee shop and I ordered a chai tea latte and the lady just looked at me and said she didn't know what I was talking about. I explained to her that I had had them there before. So I slowly said chai tea latte again. Finally the light came on and she said, "I didn't understand you because of your accent." Now I am in Oklahoma but come on it isn't like I speak with a foreign accent. Texas really isn't that different from Oklahoma. My husband finds this the perfect opportunity to make fun of my Texas accent although he is from Texas too.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That is so funny. When I moved to Oklahoma, you would have thought I was talking another language. I had to spell things all the time. And now a year went by that during the first few weeks of school the kids would laugh when I called out a nine! I like it better here in Houston where we all talk the same : )

Unknown said...

Well, y'all do talk funny - just kidding ;) That is so funny!!

J and his airplane

J and his airplane
Captain J.

Pajama Day

Pajama Day
K posing for pajama day picture