Saturday, January 19, 2008

The joys of childhood

Yesterday I went shopping to get J some underwear that fit. His were getting a little tight in the waist. I bought a wide assortment of styles and colors hoping that some of them would be satisfactory. I got home and I was showing him the different styles I had bought and he was so excited. He said, "Can I try them on?" I let him try them on and then I stuck them in the washer. Well, there were a few pair that I hadn't washed yet and he found them. For the next hour every time I looked up he was wearing a different pair. He kept telling me, "I love my new underwear" and "Mom, see my new underwear." Then he asked where the other pairs were and I explained that I had to wash them so he could wear them. He said, "Can I just look at them?" I said he could go look in the dryer and see them tumbling around (we have a front load dryer). He just sat in the laundry room floor watching them turn. When the dryer was done he pulled them out and just held them. I really wish I had known that new underwear were that exciting because it would have saved us a lot of money at Christmas time.

No comments:

J and his airplane

J and his airplane
Captain J.

Pajama Day

Pajama Day
K posing for pajama day picture